What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to web standards so that the search engines like Google can discover it, read it, and present it to web users that have been looking for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s consistent between all search engines and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Images, videos, docs, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing web URLS can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Abbeville it could take around 3-6 months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in Louisiana is different. So our suggestion, address what makes sense, provide value, and do it right the first time around.
Here Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Reference this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should read more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, be sure to refer to this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are some basic guidelines to follow. If you haven’t had the time to read that Google PDF file I linked to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you can.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Abbeville then you will want to consider using Abbeville in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the text you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you name the URL topically relevant to the article. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Abbeville” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin installed as of this article is Yoast. Yoast SEO installs with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast activated will allow you to configure your web site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value. I would not include an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another website about the same service or product, instead send the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you may be trying to rank your site for. Creating a link to another local Abbeville company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to include H Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the page is about.
• Site Content – Produce as much useful content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This can include photos, text, videos, docs, embedded Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can get quality pictures to include on your site then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Abbeville then consider labeling it “Abbeville town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when viewers land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Abbeville is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Abbeville proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be flowing with content. Articles, images, videos, nofollow links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create simple videos on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to one of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Abbeville on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor today might become even less relevant in the future. I believe by sticking to web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Abbeville SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.