What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to web standards so that the search engines can locate it, process it, and present it to people that are seeking out your merchandise or services offered online.
By referencing W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your sites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s effective across all search consoles and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social properties can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing internet content can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization could last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo company in Abbeville it should happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property is almost next to impossible. Every city in South Carolina is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what is going to help people, give away information, and do it right the first time.
Below Are Four References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Document from Google – Use this manual for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can find out more about the grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, please be sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are clear formulas to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to read that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will help until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Abbeville then you will want to consider using Abbeville in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you name the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Abbeville” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to further optimize their pages. A popular plugin used as of this article is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed and activated will allow you to seo your page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound “nofollow” link to a site that also offers value. I would not include an outbound link with anchor to another site about the same product or service, rather create the link with anchor to to a page that is somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be attempting to rank your page for. Creating an outbound link to another local Abbeville company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Content – Include as much engaging content to the end users as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes graphics, writings, video, Google docs, Google maps, links to social platforms, and more.
• Images – If you can get unique pictures to include on your site then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of a computer a modem.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Abbeville then consider labeling it “Abbeville town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Abbeville is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Abbeville proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be flowing with content. Text, images, videos, internal links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your site.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a backlink. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Abbeville on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were relevant to my page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what might be an important factor now may become less relevant tomorrow. We believe by sticking to web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Abbeville SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.