What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can find it, process it, and present it to people in need that have been searching for your products or services offered on the internet.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO lasts through algorithm updates and that it’s effective across all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Websites!
Graphics, videos, documents, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet properties can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo company in Aberdeen it may take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in North Carolina is different. So our suggestion, focus on what makes sense, provide value, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
These Are Four References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Manual from Google – Resort to this document for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, be sure to refer to this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to read that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should suffice until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Aberdeen then you will want to consider using Aberdeen in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the text you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you label the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web page for “good food in Aberdeen” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to help optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin used as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Don’t create an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same thing, instead include the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you may be attempting to rank your web site for. Creating an authority link to another local Aberdeen company site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to create Header Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the content will be about.
• Page Content – Produce as much valuable content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This can include pictures, articles, youtube videos, word docs, embedded Google maps, links to social networks, and more.
• Images – If you can design unique photos to host on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of an iPad a router.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Aberdeen then consider labeling it “Aberdeen town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when people land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Aberdeen is looking for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Aberdeen proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be flowing with content. Words, images, motion graphics, nofollow links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Aberdeen on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today might become even less relevant tomorrow. I believe by following web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Aberdeen SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.