What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can discover it, index it, and present it to users that have been searching for your products or services offered on the internet.
By abiding by W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your sites SEO makes it through algorithm modifications and that it’s powerful between all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Pictures, videos, Google documents, and social properties can be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Aberdeen it should take around three to six months.
Understanding what it will take to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in South Dakota is different. So we suggest, focus on what matters, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time.
These Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Beginners Document from Google – Resort to this manual for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts immensely, be sure to check this out also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are basic formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to access the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this should suffice until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Aberdeen then you will want to consider using Aberdeen in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the text you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you label the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Aberdeen” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their websites. The most popular plugin installed as of this publication is Yoast. Yoast installs with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated will allow you to seo your web site more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound “nofollow” link to a page that also provides value. I would not send an outbound link to another page about the same topic, rather include the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you are attempting to rank your web site for. Sending a link to another local Aberdeen business can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the page is about.
• Site Content – Include as much useful content to the end users as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes pictures, articles, youtube videos, PDF files, optimized Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you have quality images to include on your post then do it. Label your photos with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Aberdeen then consider labeling it “Aberdeen town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Aberdeen is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Aberdeen proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be flowing with quality content. Text, images, motion graphics, hyper-links, documents, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Aberdeen on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to my site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your page. That is a comment link.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable now may become even less relevant tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Aberdeen SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.