What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines can locate it, read it, and deliver it to users that may be seeking out your merchandise or services offered online.
By following W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through search algorithm version updates and that it’s effective between all search engines and social profiles.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Websites!
Images, video, documents, and social platforms can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Aberdeen it should happen in three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your content can be next to impossible. Every city in Washington is going to be different. So we suggest, address what matters, educate, and do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Document from Google – Reference this manual for improving your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, be sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are some basic guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to download the Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will help you until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Aberdeen then you will want to consider using Aberdeen in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be adding to your page, now be sure you label the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Aberdeen” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users install plugins to further optimize their pages. The most popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated should allow you to optimize your web page more efficiently.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a website that also provides value. I would not send an outbound authority link with anchor to another website about the same thing, instead send the link to to a page that is somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you are trying to rank your site for. Building a link to another local Aberdeen business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the article will be about.
• Site Content – Include as much engaging content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include pictures, writings, videos, Google docs, Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can design your own graphics to host on your site then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Aberdeen then consider labeling it “Aberdeen town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Be sure that when viewers land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Aberdeen is looking for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Aberdeen proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be flowing with content. Articles, photos, videos, outbound links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create custom videos on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of quality content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from yours.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Aberdeen on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were relevant to my page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an topical article, comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor today may become even less effective tomorrow. I believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your pages to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Aberdeen SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.