What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines like Bing can discover it, index it, and deliver it to users that have been looking for your merchandise or services online.
By following W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your sites SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s powerful across all search consoles and social platforms.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Images, videos, docs, and social platforms can all be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web content can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Abilene it could take around three to six months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Kansas is different. So our recommendation, focus on what makes sense, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Manual from Google – Use this document for improving your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you read more about the grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, please be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are basic rules to pay attention to. If you have not had the time to access the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should suffice until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Abilene then you will want to consider using Abilene in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the article you will be adding to your page, now I recommend you label the URL something relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your site for “good food in Abilene” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users use plugins to optimize their pages. A real popular plugin utilized as of this article is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO installs with some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated will allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Do not send an outbound link to another website about the same thing, rather create the link to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be attempting to rank your web site for. Creating a link to another local Abilene business web site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to add Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content is about.
• Site Content – Create as much valuable content to the user as possible, see below. This should include graphics, text, videos, PDF files, Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and more.
• Graphics – If you have unique photos to embed on your post then do it. Be sure to label your photos with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a computer a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Abilene then consider labeling it “Abilene town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Abilene is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Abilene proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be flowing with content. Words, photos, motion graphics, internal links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create nice videos on your mobile device and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a referral link. Creating business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Abilene on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what may be an important variable now may become less effective in the future. I believe by staying within W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Abilene SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.