What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engines like Bing can find it, index it, and deliver it to users that may be looking for your products or services on the internet.
By referencing web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your websites SEO stays healthy through algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social media sites.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Images, video, Google docs, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take 12-16 months, or for local seo company in Abilene it should take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in Texas is different. So our recommendation, address what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Use this manual for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should learn more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, be sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I do think there are some basic guidelines to follow. If you have not had the time to skim through the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Abilene then you will want to consider using Abilene in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be adding to your page, now be sure you label the URL path topically relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Abilene” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users take advantage of plugins to help optimize their websites. The most popular plugin used as of this writing is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin installs with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to configure your site more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound link with anchor to a website that also provides value. I would not send an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same topic, rather send the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your page for. Building an outbound link to another local Abilene business web site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Site Content – Create as much engaging content to the viewer as you can, see below. This includes images, writings, youtube videos, Google docs, optimized maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can design your own graphics to share on your page then do it. Be sure to label your photos with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of an iPad a router.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Abilene then consider labeling it “Abilene town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Abilene is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Abilene proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with quality content. Words, images, motion graphics, outbound links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create custom videos on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to engage, and it gives the search engines more content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Just reach out to any of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your site.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Abilene on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to my site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what is an important variable today might become less effective tomorrow. We believe by staying within web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never last long, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your site to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Abilene SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.