What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can discover it, index it, and serve it to web users that have been searching for your products or services on the internet.
By following W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your websites SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s effective between all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Graphics, videos, documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo company in Absecon it should take around 3-6 months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in New Jersey is going to be different. So our suggestion, address what makes sense, provide value, and make sure you do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are 4 Resources To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Guide from Google – Reference this guide for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies immensely, make sure to check this out also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I do believe there are basic formulas to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to download that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Absecon then you will want to consider using Absecon in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the article you will be adding to your web page, now I recommend you name the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Absecon” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users install plugins to further optimize their web pages. The most popular plugin installed as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO installs with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed should allow you to configure your site more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to include an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to a page that also offers value to the reader. Do not build an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same service or product, instead send the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you are trying to rank your site for. Building an authority link to another local Absecon company site will help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a site building tool that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is like a headline, use it to tell a reader what the article is about.
• Site Content – Provide as much useful content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include graphics, writings, motion graphics, documents, Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you have unique graphics to embed on your web page then do it. Label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of an iPad a router.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Absecon then consider labeling it “Absecon town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Absecon is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Absecon proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be flowing with quality content. Words, images, videos, outbound links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create a simple video on your mobile device and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to any of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a link. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Absecon on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the web that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, comment and engage the online community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a comment link.
In this ever changing world of technology, what may be an important factor today could become even less effective in the future. We believe by following web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Short cuts and hacks never last, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your content to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Absecon SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.