What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to web standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can find it, analyze it, and present it to web users that have been seeking out your merchandise or services online.
By staying within W3 standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your sites SEO makes it through search algorithm updates and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social accounts.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, video, docs, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Acworth it should take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Georgia is different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what is going to help people, educate, and do it right the first time around.
These Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Document from Google – Resort to this document for improving your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should learn more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes immensely, make sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are clear formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to download that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Acworth then you will want to consider using Acworth in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be adding to your web page, now be sure you label the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Acworth” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users use plugins to optimize their websites. The most popular plugin used as of this article is called Yoast SEO. Yoast has some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated will allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound link to a site that also offers value. I would not build an outbound authority link with anchor to another page about the same product or service, rather create the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your page for. Building a link to another local Acworth business web site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the article will be about.
• Content – Create as much valuable content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This can include photos, text, videos, Google docs, optimized maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Photos – If you have unique pictures to include on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your photos with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label an image of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Acworth then consider labeling it “Acworth town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Acworth is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Acworth proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with quality content. Words, graphics, motion graphics, outbound links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create a simple video on your mobile device and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the viewer another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these people and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from yours.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Acworth on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what might be an important variable today could become even less relevant in the future. I believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Acworth SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.