What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Bing can locate it, index it, and present it to users that have been seeking out your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing web standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your sites SEO makes it through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s consistent across all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social properties can all be optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing web content can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization could last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Ada it should take around 3-6 months.
Understanding what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Oklahoma is different. So we suggest, address what matters, provide value, and do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search.
• SEO Reference Guide from Google – Use this guide for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization processes greatly, make sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear rules to abide by. If you have not had the time to skim through the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this will help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Ada then you will want to consider using Ada in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the article you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you label the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Ada” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to further optimize their websites. A popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast. Yoast has some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this activated should allow you to seo your web site more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also provides value. I would not create an outbound link to another page about the same thing, rather build the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are attempting to rank your page for. Creating a link to another local Ada business can help provide location relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a website building tool that gives you the opportunity to include Header Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your audience what the article is about.
• Page Content – Create as much useful content to your audience as possible, see below. This includes graphics, articles, youtube videos, word docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social platforms, and more.
• Images – If you can get your own images to host on your web site then do it. Label your pictures with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a phone a hard drive.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Ada then consider labeling it “Ada town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your site and read your article that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Ada is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Ada proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with content. Articles, photos, motion graphics, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create simple videos on your tablet and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to consume, and it provides the search engines more unique content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these people and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Ada on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to my website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what is an important factor today could become less relevant tomorrow. I believe by following web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Ada SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.