What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can discover it, process it, and deliver it to people that are looking for your products or services online.
By abiding by web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO stays healthy through search algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search engines and social accounts.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Imagery, video, documents, and social platforms can be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet content can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Addison it may take around 3-6 months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our recommendation, address what matters, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Guide from Google – Reference this manual for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should find out more about this grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic formulas to pay attention to. If you have not had the time to reference the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers will help until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Addison then you will want to consider using Addison in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the text you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your site for “good food in Addison” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users utilize plugins to optimize their websites. The most popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed and activated will allow you to optimize your page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound link to a website that also offers value to the reader. I would not include an outbound authority link to another site about the same service or product, rather include the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you are trying to rank your web page for. Building an authority link to another local Addison company site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to create Header Tags then do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your readers what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Produce as much useful content to the viewer as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include pictures, text, videos, PDF files, embedded Google maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can get your own graphics to host on your site then do it. Label your graphics with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of an iPad a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Addison then consider labeling it “Addison town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Be sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Addison is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Addison proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be rich with quality content. Words, photos, motion graphics, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create great videos on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video creates value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of unique content to consume, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to any of these individuals and ask them to include an article about you or your products on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a referral link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Addison on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important variable now might become less relevant in the future. I believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Loop holes and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to learn, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Addison SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.