What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines can locate it, process it, and present it to people that have been looking for your products or services online.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your websites SEO lasts through algorithm modifications and that it’s useful between all search engines and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Pictures, video, documents, and social properties can all be optimized for search.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo company in Addison village it could take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Illinois is different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what is going to help people, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this guide for improving your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts immensely, be sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are clear formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to read that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Addison village then you will want to consider using Addison village in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the article you will be writing for your web site, now I recommend you name the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Addison village” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to further optimize their sites. The most popular plugin installed as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed should allow you to optimize your site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound “nofollow” link to a site that also offers value to the reader. Don’t create an outbound authority link to another page about the same product or service, rather include the link to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you may be trying to rank your site for. Creating an authority link to another local Addison village business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a page builder that allows you to add Header Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Create as much useful content to the viewer as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include pictures, writings, videos, PDF files, Google maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Images – If you can design your own pictures to embed on your web page then do it. Label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label an image of an iPad a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Addison village then consider labeling it “Addison village town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Addison village is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Addison village proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be rich with quality content. Words, graphics, motion graphics, nofollow links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create simple videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of quality content to consume, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these connections and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Addison village on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to my page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor today might become even less relevant tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your content to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Addison village SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.