What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, analyze it, and deliver it to users that may be looking for your products or services offered on the internet.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO lasts through search algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search engines and social media platforms.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Images, videos, documents, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet properties can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Adel it should happen in 3-6 months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Georgia is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what is going to help people, give away information, and do it right the first time around.
These Are 4 Resources To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Document from Google – Reference this document for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, please be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a mission to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are some basic rules to pay attention to. If you haven’t had the time to read the Google PDF document I linked to above, then this will help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Adel then you will want to consider using Adel in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you name the URL something relevant to the article. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Adel” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their site. A real popular plugin used as of this writing is Yoast. Yoast SEO has some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed and activated should allow you to optimize your site more thoroughly.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to build an outbound authority link to a website that also offers value. Don’t include an outbound “nofollow” link to another site about the same service or product, instead include the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you may be trying to rank your page for. Creating a link to another local Adel business will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a site building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Produce as much useful content to the viewer as possible, see below. This should include pictures, text, videos, docs, Google maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can design quality photos to share on your web page then do it. Label your photos with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of a phone a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Adel then consider labeling it “Adel town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Adel is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Adel proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be flowing with content. Text, images, videos, links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create simple videos on your ipad and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a video creates value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more original content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web properties and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your property.
• Social Sites – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only have a local presence in Adel on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were topical to my website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important factor today might become even less relevant tomorrow. I believe by staying within W3C standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your pages to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Adel SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.