What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines like Bing can find it, index it, and serve it to people in need that are searching for your products or services on the internet.
By following web standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO lasts through search algorithm patches and that it’s consistent between all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social pages can be optimized for search.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Adelanto it should take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your property is almost next to impossible. Every city in California is different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what matters, give away information, and be sure to do it right the first time.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search.
• SEO Beginners Guide from Google – Resort to this document for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you read more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts greatly, be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear formulas to pay attention to. If you have not had the time to reference that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Adelanto then you will want to consider using Adelanto in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the text you will be writing for your page, now be sure you name the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Adelanto” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users use plugins to help optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin used as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed will allow you to optimize your web page more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound authority link to a page that also provides value. Don’t create an outbound “nofollow” link to another page about the same thing, rather create the link to something somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your web site for. Sending a link to another local Adelanto business web site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to include H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the article will be about.
• Content – Provide as much engaging content to the end users as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes pictures, writings, video, documents, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and more.
• Pictures – If you can design your own images to include on your web site then do it. Label your graphics with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a phone a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Adelanto then consider labeling it “Adelanto town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Adelanto is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Adelanto proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be rich with content. Words, photos, motion graphics, authority links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create great videos on your mobile device and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a video provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of unique content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Adelanto on those profiles but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating blogs on the internet that were topical to my web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of technology, what might be an important variable today may become less relevant in the future. We believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Adelanto SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.