What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can discover it, index it, and serve it to web users that may be looking for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through search algorithm modifications and that it’s effective between all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Imagery, videos, Google documents, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Adrian it should take around 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in Michigan is different. So we suggest, pay attention to what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
Below Are 4 Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Document from Google – Reference this document for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can read more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to skim through that Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you can.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Adrian then you will want to consider using Adrian in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be writing for your site, now I recommend you label the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Adrian” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to optimize their websites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this article is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed and activated should allow you to optimize your page more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound link with anchor to a page that also provides value. I would not build an outbound authority link to another page about the same topic, rather send the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you are attempting to rank your web site for. Building a link to another local Adrian company site will help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the article will be about.
• Page Content – Create as much valuable content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include photos, writings, youtube videos, documents, Google maps, links to social networks, and more.
• Pictures – If you can make your own images to include on your web site then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Adrian then consider labeling it “Adrian town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your site and read your article that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Adrian is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Adrian proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be rich with quality content. Articles, images, videos, links, word docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create custom videos on your cell phone and post it to Youtube. Embedding a hosted video provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of content to consume, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these people and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your web page.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a backlink. Building business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Adrian on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for sites on the internet that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor today might become less relevant tomorrow. I believe by staying within W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Adrian SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.