What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engines can locate it, index it, and present it to people in need that may be searching for your merchandise or services online.
By abiding by web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Pictures, videos, docs, and social pages can be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet properties can be a daunting task.
Proper optimization could take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Agawam Town it should happen in three to six months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in Massachusetts is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time around.
Below Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Resort to this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, please be sure to check this out also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are clear formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to skim through the Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will be adequate until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Agawam Town then you will want to consider using Agawam Town in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the article you will be writing for your page, now be sure you label the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your site for “good food in Agawam Town” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their websites. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin has some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast activated will allow you to optimize your site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound “nofollow” link to a website that also provides value. Do not send an outbound link to another website about the same topic, instead include the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your page for. Sending an authority link to another local Agawam Town business web site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the article will be about.
• Site Content – Provide as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see the content pointers below. This includes images, text, motion graphics, word docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social profiles, and more.
• Images – If you can design your own photos to share on your page then do it. Label your images with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a phone a router.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Agawam Town then consider labeling it “Agawam Town town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Agawam Town is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Agawam Town proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be flowing with content. Text, photos, videos, outbound links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create nice videos on your cell phone and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to produce a referral link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Agawam Town on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an relevant article, comment and engage the community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what may be an important variable now might become even less effective tomorrow. We believe by staying within web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Agawam Town SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.