What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engines can discover it, analyze it, and deliver it to web users that are seeking out your merchandise or services offered online.
By abiding by web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your SEO stays healthy through algorithm patches and that it’s useful between all search consoles and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Websites!
Pictures, video, documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
Proper optimization could take 12-16 months, however for local seo company in Aiken it could happen in three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in South Carolina is going to be different. So we suggest, pay attention to what matters, educate, and do it right the first time.
These Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Manual from Google – Reference this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can read more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO processes immensely, please be sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are basic guidelines to pay attention to. If you haven’t had the time to reference the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should be adequate until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Aiken then you will want to consider using Aiken in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the content you will be adding to your page, now I recommend you name the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your site for “good food in Aiken” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users take advantage of plugins to help optimize their web pages. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO installs with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed & activated will allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound “nofollow” link to a site that also offers value to the reader. Do not create an outbound authority link with anchor to another page about the same thing, rather send the link to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your web page for. Building an outbound link to another local Aiken business can help provide location relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site building tool that allows you to create H-Tags then do it. A Header Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the content is about.
• Page Content – Produce as much engaging content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include pictures, writings, motion graphics, Google docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can design your own photos to host on your site then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of an iPad a monitor.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Aiken then consider labeling it “Aiken town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Aiken is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Aiken proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be rich with content. Words, photos, videos, hyper-links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video creates value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of quality content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more unique content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Aiken on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the web that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting article, comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today could become even less relevant in the future. I believe by staying within web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Loop holes and short cuts never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Aiken SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.