What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines like Bing can discover it, read it, and serve it to people in need that may be looking for your products or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your websites SEO stays healthy through search algorithm patches and that it’s effective between all search consoles and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Images, videos, Google docs, and social profiles can be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web content can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Airmont village it may happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in New York is different. So we suggest, address what matters, provide value, and do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Manual from Google – Resort to this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO processes greatly, be sure to refer to this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are clear formulas to abide by. If you have not had the time to download the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this will be adequate until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Airmont village then you will want to consider using Airmont village in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the text you will be writing for your site, now be sure you label the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Airmont village” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this article is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin has some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed will allow you to configure your site more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a website that also offers value to the reader. I would not build an outbound link to another website about the same service or product, rather include the link with anchor to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be trying to rank your page for. Building an outbound link to another local Airmont village business will help provide location relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page builder that allows you to create Header Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the article will be about.
• Page Content – Include as much engaging content to the end users as you can, see the content pointers below. This should include images, articles, motion graphics, PDF files, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Pictures – If you can get unique graphics to share on your site then do it. Label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Airmont village then consider labeling it “Airmont village town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your page and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Airmont village is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Airmont village proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be flowing with content. Text, pictures, videos, links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create simple videos on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Airmont village on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to my website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of technology, what is an important factor today may become less relevant in the future. We believe by staying within web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never last, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your site to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Airmont village SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.