What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3C standards so that the search engines like Bing can find it, analyze it, and serve it to users that are seeking out your products or services online.
By staying within W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm version updates and that it’s effective between all search consoles and social media sites.
SEO Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Graphics, videos, Google docs, and social pages can be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet properties can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Airway Heights it could happen in three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Washington is different. So our recommendation, address what matters, provide value, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Here Are 4 References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Use this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you read more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, please be sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site Optimization.
This is a common question, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are basic formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to download the Google PDF document I linked to above, then this will be adequate until you can.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Airway Heights then you will want to consider using Airway Heights in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the text you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you label the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your site for “good food in Airway Heights” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users activate plugins to help optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed & activated should allow you to optimize your web page more efficiently.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to a website that also provides value. I would not send an outbound “nofollow” link to another website about the same product or service, rather send the link to something semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you may be attempting to rank your site for. Building a link to another local Airway Heights business web site can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to add Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell a reader what the content is about.
• Site Content – Provide as much engaging content to the user as possible, see below. This can include graphics, text, youtube videos, Google docs, Google maps, links to social platforms, and more.
• Pictures – If you can design quality graphics to embed on your page then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of an iPad a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Airway Heights then consider labeling it “Airway Heights town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Airway Heights is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Airway Heights proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with quality content. Articles, images, videos, outbound links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create simple videos on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours.
• Social Sites – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Airway Heights on those profiles but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable now could become even less relevant tomorrow. We believe by following W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your site to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Airway Heights SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.