What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can find it, index it, and serve it to users that have been searching for your merchandise or services offered online.
By following web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your websites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search algorithm version updates and that it’s useful across all search engines and social accounts.
SEO Is Not Only For Websites!
Graphics, video, Google docs, and social platforms can all be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web properties can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Akron it may take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Ohio is going to be different. So we suggest, focus on what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Manual from Google – Reference this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more about this grassroots coalition and their standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, make sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are clear formulas to follow. If you have not had the time to read the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this should suffice until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Akron then you will want to consider using Akron in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the text you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Akron” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to further optimize their pages. A real popular plugin used as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to configure your web page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound authority link with anchor to a website that also offers value to the reader. Do not send an outbound link with anchor to another page about the same service or product, instead create the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be attempting to rank your web site for. Creating an authority link to another local Akron company site will help provide location relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to include H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Site Content – Produce as much engaging content to the viewer as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include photos, text, youtube videos, Google docs, optimized Google maps, links to social networks, and more.
• Pictures – If you have quality photos to include on your post then do it. Label your photos with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a phone a hard drive.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Akron then consider labeling it “Akron town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your site and read your article that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Akron is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Akron proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be rich with quality content. Articles, images, motion graphics, outbound authority links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create nice videos on your cell phone and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Simply reach out to any of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from yours.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a link. Setting up profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Akron on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were relevant to my site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of technology, what might be an important factor today may become less effective tomorrow. I believe by following web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Akron SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.