What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3C standards so that the search engines like Google can discover it, index it, and deliver it to people in need that have been searching for your merchandise or services online.
By referencing W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your websites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s powerful across all search engines and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Graphics, video, Google documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Optimizing internet properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take 12-16 months, or for local seo company in Alabaster it should take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Alabama is different. So our suggestion, focus on what matters, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time around.
These Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Document from Google – Resort to this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You can find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO processes immensely, please be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are clear guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to reference the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this will help until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Alabaster then you will want to consider using Alabaster in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the content you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you label the URL something relevant to the article. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Alabaster” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users install plugins to further optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin installed as of this publication is Yoast. Yoast SEO has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed should allow you to seo your web site more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to include an outbound authority link to a site that also provides value. Do not send an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another page about the same product or service, rather send the link with anchor to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your page for. Creating an authority link to another local Alabaster business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a website builder that gives you the opportunity to create Header Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Content – Include as much valuable content to your audience as you can, see below. This includes graphics, writings, video, Google docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and more.
• Photos – If you can make your own graphics to host on your post then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Alabaster then consider labeling it “Alabaster town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when people land on your page and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Alabaster is looking for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Alabaster proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be rich with content. Text, photos, motion graphics, links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create great videos on your tablet and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of unique content to consume, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have websites. Simply reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to post an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Alabaster on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to my website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what is an important factor today could become even less effective in the future. I believe by sticking to web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your pages to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Alabaster SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.