What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, analyze it, and serve it to people in need that are looking for your products or services online.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO lasts through algorithm modifications and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social accounts.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Websites!
Pictures, video, docs, and social properties can be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Alachua it could happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in Florida is different. So we suggest, pay attention to what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time you do it.
These Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Beginners Manual from Google – Use this guide for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can find out more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, be sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I do believe there are clear guidelines to pay attention to. If you haven’t had the time to access the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Alachua then you will want to consider using Alachua in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the content you will be adding to your web page, now I recommend you name the URL something relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Alachua” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their websites. A real popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link to a website that also offers value to the reader. Don’t include an outbound “nofollow” link to another site about the same service or product, rather include the link to to a page that is somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your site for. Creating an outbound link to another local Alachua business web site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the article is about.
• Content – Provide as much engaging content to the viewer as you can, see below. This can include photos, writings, video, Google docs, optimized maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can get quality images to embed on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Alachua then consider labeling it “Alachua town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your article that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Alachua is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Alachua proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with content. Words, photos, videos, hyper-links, docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create simple videos on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a video provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of content to consume, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these individuals and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Alachua on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that profile.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were relevant to my site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable today might become less effective tomorrow. I believe by following web standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Alachua SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.