What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engine like Yahoo can find it, read it, and serve it to web users that are searching for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO stays healthy through search algorithm patches and that it’s useful across all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Imagery, videos, Google docs, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, however for local seo company in Alameda it could take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So we suggest, pay attention to what makes sense, provide value, and make sure you do it right the first time around.
Here Are Four References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Manual from Google – Use this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more about the grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization processes greatly, be sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page SEO.
This is a common question, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I do believe there are clear guidelines to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to access the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Alameda then you will want to consider using Alameda in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the content you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you label the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Alameda” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users activate plugins to help optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin used as of this writing is Yoast. Yoast has some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed should allow you to seo your page more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to include an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value. I would not include an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same thing, rather build the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you are trying to rank your web page for. Sending a link to another local Alameda business web site can help provide location relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to include H Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the page is about.
• Site Content – Include as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see below. This includes photos, text, motion graphics, word docs, optimized Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can get quality graphics to include on your page then do it. Label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of an iPad a router.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Alameda then consider labeling it “Alameda town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Alameda is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Alameda proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be rich with content. Text, pictures, videos, outbound links, word docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create great videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to interact with, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to any of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Alameda on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the web that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what is an important factor today may become even less effective tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3 standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your pages to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Alameda SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.