What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that the search engines can locate it, analyze it, and present it to people that may be seeking out your merchandise or services on the internet.
By abiding by web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search algorithm patches and that it’s consistent across all search consoles and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, video, Google docs, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing web content can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization could last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Alamo Heights it should happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our suggestion, focus on what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time.
These Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Manual from Google – Resort to this guide for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you read more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, be sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are clear rules to follow. If you haven’t had the time to skim through the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers should help until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Alamo Heights then you will want to consider using Alamo Heights in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the text you will be writing for your web site, now I recommend you label the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Alamo Heights” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users activate plugins to optimize their sites. A popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed should allow you to configure your page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value. I would not create an outbound link with anchor to another site about the same product or service, instead build the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you are attempting to rank your web page for. Sending an outbound link to another local Alamo Heights business web site can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a website builder that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your audience what the article is about.
• Site Content – Produce as much engaging content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This can include graphics, articles, videos, Google docs, Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Photos – If you can get unique pictures to embed on your web site then do it. Label your graphics with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of a computer a router.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Alamo Heights then consider labeling it “Alamo Heights town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your site and read your article that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Alamo Heights is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Alamo Heights proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with quality content. Text, graphics, videos, nofollow links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create simple videos on your cell phone and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours.
• Social Media – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Alamo Heights on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success locating sites on the internet that were topical to my website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a URL in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important factor now may become less effective in the future. We believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Alamo Heights SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.