What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engines can locate it, read it, and deliver it to web users that have been seeking out your products or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your SEO stays healthy through algorithm version updates and that it’s effective across all search engines and social profiles.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Graphics, videos, docs, and social properties can be optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing internet content can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Alamo it could take around three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our recommendation, address what makes sense, give away information, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Use this guide for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you read more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, be sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to download the Google PDF file I linked to above, then these pointers should help you until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Alamo then you will want to consider using Alamo in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the article you will be adding to your web page, now be sure you name the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Alamo” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users take advantage of plugins to help optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this article is called Yoast SEO. Yoast installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated will allow you to optimize your site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to include an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to a website that also offers value. Don’t include an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another website about the same topic, instead send the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your web page for. Sending an authority link to another local Alamo company site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to add H-Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Content – Include as much engaging content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This can include images, text, motion graphics, docs, embedded Google maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can design your own graphics to host on your web site then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label an image of a phone a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Alamo then consider labeling it “Alamo town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when viewers land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Alamo is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Alamo proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be rich with quality content. Text, images, motion graphics, internal links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create a simple video on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of quality content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Alamo on those platforms but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an topical article, comment and engage the community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what is an important factor now could become even less relevant tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Alamo SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.