What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Google can find it, process it, and deliver it to people in need that may be seeking out your merchandise or services offered online.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your SEO makes it through search algorithm updates and that it’s powerful across all search consoles and social media platforms.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Pictures, video, Google docs, and social pages can all be optimized for search.
The process of optimizing web content can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Arlington it may take around 3-6 months.
Understanding what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our recommendation, focus on what matters, give away information, and do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this guide for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about the grassroots coalition and their standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, make sure to refer to this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are basic formulas to pay attention to. If you have not had the time to skim through the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should suffice until you can.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Arlington then you will want to consider using Arlington in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the content you will be writing for your site, now be sure you name the URL string something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Arlington” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to further optimize their sites. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast SEO. Yoast has some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to configure your web page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to build an outbound authority link with anchor to a website that also provides value. Don’t create an outbound “nofollow” link to another site about the same product or service, rather send the link to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you may be trying to rank your web page for. Building an outbound link to another local Arlington company site can help provide location relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to add H-Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Content – Create as much valuable content to your audience as possible, see below. This can include graphics, text, youtube videos, documents, Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can design quality graphics to host on your site then do it. Be sure to label your pictures with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of an iPad a modem.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Arlington then consider labeling it “Arlington town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Arlington is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Arlington proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be flowing with quality content. Text, graphics, videos, authority links, word docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create great videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of quality content to engage, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have a business site. Just reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your web page.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Arlington on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to my website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor now may become less relevant in the future. I believe by following W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for years to come.
Arlington SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.