What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engines like Google can discover it, analyze it, and serve it to people that may be seeking out your products or services offered online.
By abiding by web standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Websites!
Images, videos, Google docs, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet content can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization could take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Ashland it may take around three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your content can be next to impossible. Every city in Kentucky is going to be different. So our suggestion, focus on what is going to help people, provide value, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Use this manual for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can find out more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies greatly, be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are some basic guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to read that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this will be adequate until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Ashland then you will want to consider using Ashland in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the article you will be writing for your page, now be sure you label the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Ashland” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users utilize plugins to help optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin has some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed and activated should allow you to configure your web page more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link with anchor to a site that also provides value. Do not create an outbound authority link with anchor to another page about the same topic, instead include the link to to a property that’s semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you are trying to rank your web site for. Creating an outbound link to another local Ashland company site can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a website building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the page will be about.
• Page Content – Create as much engaging content to your audience as possible, see below. This should include photos, text, youtube videos, word docs, optimized maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can get your own photos to include on your post then do it. Label your images with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Ashland then consider labeling it “Ashland town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Ashland is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Ashland proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be rich with quality content. Articles, images, videos, authority links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create custom videos on your tablet and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video provides value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines more content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a referral link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Ashland on those platforms but to also backlink to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that points back to your site. That is a comment link.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor now may become less relevant in the future. We believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your site to be optimized for a long time.
Ashland SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.