What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Google can locate it, index it, and present it to web users that are looking for your merchandise or services offered online.
By abiding by W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your websites SEO makes it through search engine algorithm version updates and that it’s useful across all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Images, videos, documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Bainbridge Island it should take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Washington is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what is going to help people, provide value, and do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are 4 References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Guide from Google – Resort to this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization processes greatly, be sure to refer to this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to download that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will be adequate until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Bainbridge Island then you will want to consider using Bainbridge Island in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the content you will be writing for your page, now be sure you name the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Bainbridge Island” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users utilize plugins to help optimize their pages. The most popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to optimize your web site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound authority link to a site that also offers value. Don’t build an outbound “nofollow” link to another site about the same product or service, instead build the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your web site for. Building an authority link to another local Bainbridge Island company site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to add Header Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the content will be about.
• Page Content – Include as much engaging content to the end users as you can, see below. This includes graphics, writings, videos, Google docs, Google maps, links to social profiles, and more.
• Pictures – If you can design unique photos to include on your site then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a phone a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Bainbridge Island then consider labeling it “Bainbridge Island town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Bainbridge Island is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Bainbridge Island proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be flowing with content. Text, pictures, videos, hyper-links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create nice videos on your ipad and post it to any social video network. Embedding a video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of quality content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Simply reach out to anyone of these individuals and ask them to post an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your web page.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a backlink. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Bainbridge Island on those profiles but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable now might become less effective tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Bainbridge Island SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.