What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can locate it, index it, and serve it to web users that are seeking out your products or services online.
By staying within web standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s useful across all search engines and social media sites.
SEO Is Not Only For Your Website!
Imagery, videos, Google docs, and social platforms can be optimized for search.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Bakersfield it should happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property is almost next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So our suggestion, address what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Guide from Google – Use this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, make sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are clear formulas to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to download that Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Bakersfield then you will want to consider using Bakersfield in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the article you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you label the URL something relevant to the content. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Bakersfield” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users use plugins to help optimize their pages. A popular plugin installed as of this article is Yoast SEO. Yoast installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin activated will allow you to seo your web page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to include an outbound “nofollow” link to a page that also provides value. I would not create an outbound authority link with anchor to another site about the same thing, rather create the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are attempting to rank your site for. Sending an authority link to another local Bakersfield business will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site building tool that allows you to add H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Site Content – Create as much valuable content to your audience as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include photos, articles, youtube videos, PDF files, optimized maps, links to social platforms, and more.
• Photos – If you can design quality graphics to include on your post then do it. Be sure to label your photos with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a phone a router.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Bakersfield then consider labeling it “Bakersfield town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Bakersfield is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Bakersfield proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with content. Articles, photos, videos, hyper-links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video provides value all across the board. It gives the user another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to one of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Bakersfield on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today could become less effective tomorrow. I believe by following W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Bakersfield SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.