What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to web standards so that search engines can discover it, read it, and serve it to people in need that have been seeking out your products or services on the internet.
By referencing W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO lasts through search algorithm patches and that it’s useful across all search engines and social media platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Graphics, videos, Google docs, and social platforms can be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing web properties can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Balch Springs it should take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is different. So our recommendation, focus on what is going to help people, educate, and do it right the first time.
Here Are Four Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Manual from Google – Use this manual for improving your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO strategies greatly, make sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are clear rules to follow. If you didn’t take the time to download the Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Balch Springs then you will want to consider using Balch Springs in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the text you will be writing for your site, now I recommend you label the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Balch Springs” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users take advantage of plugins to optimize their site. A real popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast. Yoast has some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed and activated will allow you to configure your site more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also offers value to the reader. I would not send an outbound authority link to another page about the same thing, rather send the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your web page for. Building an authority link to another local Balch Springs business can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to add H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content is about.
• Content – Produce as much valuable content to the user as possible, see below. This includes graphics, text, videos, documents, embedded Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can make your own images to embed on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your photos with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of a computer a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Balch Springs then consider labeling it “Balch Springs town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Balch Springs is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Balch Springs proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be flowing with quality content. Words, photos, motion graphics, outbound authority links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create custom videos on your mobile device and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of unique content to engage, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from yours.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a an inbound link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Balch Springs on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical blog post, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a comment link.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what is an important variable today could become less relevant tomorrow. We believe by sticking to web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your site to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Balch Springs SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.