What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to web standards so that search engines can discover it, analyze it, and serve it to web users that are seeking out your products or services offered on the internet.
By staying within web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your sites SEO makes it through search algorithm patches and that it’s consistent across all search consoles and social media platforms.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social properties can be properly optimized for search.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Baldwin borough it should take around 3-6 months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in Pennsylvania is going to be different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what makes sense, give away information, and be sure to do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should find out more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO efforts greatly, please be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
This is asked a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic guidelines to follow. If you didn’t take the time to reference the Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers should be adequate until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Baldwin borough then you will want to consider using Baldwin borough in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the text you will be adding to your page, now be sure you name the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Baldwin borough” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users use plugins to help optimize their websites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast. The Yoast plugin installs with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed should allow you to configure your site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to send an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Do not create an outbound authority link to another site about the same topic, rather include the link to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your site for. Creating an outbound link to another local Baldwin borough business web site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to include H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Page Content – Create as much valuable content to the viewer as possible, see below. This includes photos, text, youtube videos, documents, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Photos – If you have quality pictures to host on your post then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of a phone a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Baldwin borough then consider labeling it “Baldwin borough town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Baldwin borough is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Baldwin borough proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be rich with content. Words, pictures, motion graphics, internal links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create great videos on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a one of your videos into your site creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to any of these individuals and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Baldwin borough on those profiles but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to my site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable now may become less relevant in the future. We believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Baldwin borough SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.