What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to web standards so that the search engines can discover it, index it, and deliver it to people in need that are seeking out your products or services offered on the internet.
By referencing web standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your SEO makes it through algorithm version updates and that it’s consistent across all search consoles and social media sites.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, video, documents, and social pages can all be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet content can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization can last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Baldwin Park it should happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your URL is almost next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So we suggest, focus on what is going to help people, provide value, and be sure to do it right the first time.
Here Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search.
• SEO Starter Document from Google – Use this guide for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO efforts greatly, please be sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are clear formulas to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to skim through that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers should be adequate until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Baldwin Park then you will want to consider using Baldwin Park in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the article you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL something relevant to the article. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Baldwin Park” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users install plugins to help optimize their websites. A real popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed & activated should allow you to seo your site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Do not include an outbound authority link with anchor to another website about the same service or product, rather include the link to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be attempting to rank your site for. Building a link to another local Baldwin Park business web site will help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to include H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content is about.
• Content – Provide as much valuable content to the end users as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes graphics, articles, motion graphics, word docs, optimized maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Pictures – If you have unique graphics to include on your site then do it. Label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a computer a router.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Baldwin Park then consider labeling it “Baldwin Park town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Baldwin Park is looking for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Baldwin Park proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be flowing with content. Text, graphics, videos, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create great videos on your tablet and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of unique content to engage, and it provides the search engines more unique content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a an inbound link. Building business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Baldwin Park on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That is a comment link.
In this ever changing world of technology, what may be an important factor today might become less relevant in the future. I believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your site to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Baldwin Park SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.