What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, index it, and present it to people in need that have been searching for your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By abiding by W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your SEO makes it through search algorithm updates and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Images, video, documents, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing web properties can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Baldwinsville village it should happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in New York is different. So we suggest, focus on what matters, give away information, and do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this document for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should learn more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, make sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear rules to follow. If you didn’t take the time to reference the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Baldwinsville village then you will want to consider using Baldwinsville village in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the text you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you label the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Baldwinsville village” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their sites. The most popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed and activated should allow you to optimize your web page more effectively.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link to a page that also provides value. I would not send an outbound “nofollow” link to another page about the same thing, rather include the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your web site for. Building a link to another local Baldwinsville village business web site can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to add Header Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell a reader what the article is about.
• Page Content – Produce as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see the content pointers below. This includes graphics, text, youtube videos, word docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Pictures – If you have quality images to share on your web site then do it. Be sure to label your photos with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a phone a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Baldwinsville village then consider labeling it “Baldwinsville village town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Baldwinsville village is looking for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Baldwinsville village proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with quality content. Words, photos, videos, outbound authority links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create nice videos on your tablet and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of quality content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to produce a link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Baldwinsville village on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to my website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant article, comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today could become less effective in the future. We believe by sticking to web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Short cuts and hacks never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be optimized for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Baldwinsville village SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.