What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engines can find it, read it, and present it to people in need that are searching for your products or services on the internet.
By referencing W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can rest assured that your sites SEO makes it through algorithm patches and that it’s effective across all search consoles and social profiles.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Pictures, video, docs, and social pages can be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web content can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Beatrice it may happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your content can be next to impossible. Every city in Nebraska is going to be different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, focus on what makes sense, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Use this guide for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should find out more about the grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes greatly, please be sure to refer to this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I do think there are clear formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to reference the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this should help you until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Beatrice then you will want to consider using Beatrice in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be writing for your site, now be sure you name the URL something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your site for “good food in Beatrice” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their site. A real popular plugin utilized as of this article is Yoast. The Yoast plugin installs with some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed and activated will allow you to optimize your web page more thoroughly.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also provides value. I would not create an outbound authority link to another page about the same topic, instead build the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your web site for. Building a link to another local Beatrice business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to create Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your audience what the article will be about.
• Site Content – Create as much engaging content to the user as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include pictures, writings, videos, PDF files, optimized Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Photos – If you can make quality graphics to host on your page then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of a computer a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Beatrice then consider labeling it “Beatrice town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your site and read your content that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Beatrice is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Beatrice proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be rich with quality content. Articles, photos, videos, internal links, docs, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of unique content to consume, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Just reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page.
• Social Properties – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a referral link. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Beatrice on those platforms but to also backlink to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating blogs on the internet that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what may be an important variable today could become even less effective in the future. I believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off every day and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Beatrice SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.