What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines like Bing can discover it, index it, and deliver it to users that are looking for your merchandise or services online.
By following W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your SEO makes it through search algorithm version updates and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Imagery, video, documents, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Optimizing internet content can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Canby it should happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Oregon is different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, address what matters, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time around.
Here Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Guide from Google – Use this document for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, make sure to refer to this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are clear guidelines to abide by. If you haven’t had the time to access that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help until you do.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Canby then you will want to consider using Canby in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the article you will be writing for your site, now I recommend you name the URL something relevant to the content. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your site for “good food in Canby” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to optimize their sites. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated will allow you to configure your page more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link to a site that also offers value. Do not include an outbound “nofollow” link to another website about the same thing, rather send the link to something semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are attempting to rank your page for. Building an authority link to another local Canby company site can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to create H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page will be about.
• Site Content – Create as much engaging content to the viewer as possible, see below. This should include photos, articles, videos, word docs, embedded Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and more.
• Pictures – If you can get unique photos to host on your site then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of a phone a hard drive.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Canby then consider labeling it “Canby town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Canby is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Canby proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be rich with quality content. Words, photos, videos, outbound links, documents, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create custom videos on your ipad and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these associates and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Canby on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding blogs on the internet that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting article, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what is an important variable today could become even less effective in the future. I believe by staying within web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Canby SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.