Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Simply reach out to any of these people in Charles Town and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Charles Town and you are wanting to rank for a local Charles Town service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Charles Town, West Virginia on those platforms but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were topical to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and maintaining a nice back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some basic info on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, discover suspicious referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Charles Town and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this site to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO organization, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online presence. Most of the service software provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features made available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool used for locating backlinks directing to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to follow the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo-specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Charles Town, West Virginia. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in West Virginia.
Charles Town Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.