Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these associates in Charleston and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Charleston and you are wanting to rank for a local Charleston service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a referral link. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only have a local presence in Charleston, Illinois on those platforms but to also send links back to your website from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success searching for sites on the internet that were topical to our page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are other tools that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web property and maintaining a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of the dashboards and some basic information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research backlinks, discover linking opportunities, find suspicious referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Charleston and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use optimization dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to monitor the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your sites SEO. For individuals running an SEO agency, this tool allows you to orchestrate and keep track of changes with a clients online property. Some of the tools offered in this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful piece of software that allows you to manage the condition of your site. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for locating backlinks pointing to your website. This is helpful for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to follow the movement of individual keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option.
Ranking metrics refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values indicate a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding key terms that you want rank your page for. You can customize specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Charleston, Illinois. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Charleston Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.