Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these people in Charleston and ask them to include an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Charleston and you are wanting to rank for a local Charleston service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a referral link. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only create a local presence in Charleston, West Virginia on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success finding sites on the web that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your web property and maintaining a authoritative link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of those interfaces and some info on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect backlinks, find link outreach opportunities, find unwanted referral links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are proven useful for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Charleston and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free optimization optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this site to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your websites optimization. For folks managing an SEO organization, this software allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online presence. Many of the tools offered in this interface are position tracking, website audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. The tools available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating referral links directing to your web site. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Charleston, West Virginia. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in West Virginia.
Charleston Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.