Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to any of these individuals in Charlottesville and ask them to include an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Charlottesville and you are wanting to rank for a local Charlottesville service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a referral link. Setting up business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Charlottesville, Virginia on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web site and maintaining a nice back link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic information on how they could assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate backlinks, find linking opportunities, discover malicious backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Charlottesville and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to evaluate the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your web sites SEO. For individuals managing an SEO organization, this subscription allows you to maintain and track sudden changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software offered through this dashboard are position tracking, web site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive piece of software that allows you to monitor the health of your site. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool used for identifying links referring to your website. This is useful for locating good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying keywords that you want to rank your page for. You can customize specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Charlottesville, Virginia. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search info, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Charlottesville Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.