Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Chaska and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chaska and you are wanting to rank for a local Chaska service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Chaska, Minnesota on those platforms but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Social Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those interfaces and some information on how they could help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research referral links, find linking opportunities, locate negative links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Chaska and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free to use optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this tool to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your sites SEO. For individuals managing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the service software offered through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful dashboard that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the tools made available on Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering backlinks directing to your website. This is useful for discovering good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to follow the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for finding key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can customize specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Chaska, Minnesota. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Chaska Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.