Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Chesapeake and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chesapeake and you are wanting to rank for a local Chesapeake service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Chesapeake, Virginia on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant web page, comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the healthy condition of your site and keeping a authoritative backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some info on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, locate link building opportunities, discover suspicious referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Chesapeake and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a clients online profile. Most of the service software provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive interface that allows you to manage the health of your web site. Most of the tools made available on Ahrefs are identical to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying inbound links referring to your web site. This is great for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of unique key words and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or identify a drop in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking details indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values represent an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can configure specific location settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Chesapeake, Virginia. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Chesapeake Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.