Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these people in Chicago and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chicago and you are wanting to rank for a local Chicago service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Chicago, Illinois on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were topical to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your property and keeping a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some information on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate back links, locate link outreach opportunities, locate bad backlinks, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are proven useful for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Chicago and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your websites SEO. For individuals overseeing an SEO organization, this software allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the services provided through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful piece of software that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your site. The tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering links referring to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for locating key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Chicago, Illinois. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Chicago Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.