Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Chillicothe and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chillicothe and you are wanting to rank for a local Chillicothe service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a referral link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Chillicothe, Illinois on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice back link profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to research back links, find link building opportunities, find unwanted links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are must haves for optimization. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Chillicothe and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of limited but free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online property. Some of the services offered through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your site. Most of the tools made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for locating inbound links referring to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking statistics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values represent a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Chillicothe, Illinois. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Chillicothe Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.