Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates in Christiansburg and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a link back and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Christiansburg and you are wanting to rank for a local Christiansburg service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to produce a backlink. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Christiansburg, Virginia on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding blogs on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting article, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a comment link.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are many other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the health of your site and keeping a clean back link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of those software interfaces and some info on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, discover bad backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Christiansburg and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for monitoring your sites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO organization, this tool allows you to orchestrate and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online profile. Most of the service software provided in this interface are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your website. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for identifying backlinks referring to your site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to track the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking stats refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values represent a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want rank for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to identify keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Christiansburg, Virginia. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Christiansburg Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.