Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Just reach out to one of these connections in Citrus Heights and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Citrus Heights and you are wanting to rank for a local Citrus Heights service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Citrus Heights, California on those profiles but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the web that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are other dashboards that help you monitor traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the health of your property and keeping a nice backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are a few of those interfaces and some info on how they will help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate unwanted referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Citrus Heights and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to monitor and track changes with a businesses online property. Most of the services offered in this interface are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient interface that allows you to monitor the health of your website. Most of the features available on Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating backlinks referring to your site. This is helpful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to follow the movement of specific keywords and URL strings. Software like this is needed to monitor progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to monitor SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for finding key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Citrus Heights, California. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in California.
Citrus Heights Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.