What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to web standards so that search engines like Bing can find it, process it, and serve it to people in need that are looking for your merchandise or services online.
By staying within W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your websites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s useful between all search consoles and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Images, video, Google docs, and social pages can all be optimized for search engines.
Properly optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Claremont it could happen in three to six months.
Understanding what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what is going to help people, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are 4 Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Document from Google – Use this document for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, make sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are clear formulas to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to download that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this will help until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Claremont then you will want to consider using Claremont in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the article you will be writing for your web site, now I recommend you name the URL string topically relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your web site for “good food in Claremont” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to optimize their sites. The most popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated will allow you to configure your web site more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound link to a site that also provides value. Do not create an outbound link to another site about the same thing, rather include the link to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your site for. Creating an outbound link to another local Claremont business web site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to add Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the page is about.
• Site Content – Create as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see below. This can include graphics, writings, motion graphics, Google docs, optimized Google maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Photos – If you can get your own images to share on your post then do it. Label your photos with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a computer a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Claremont then consider labeling it “Claremont town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Claremont is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Claremont proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be rich with content. Articles, graphics, motion graphics, outbound links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create custom videos on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of unique content to engage, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your site from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a referral link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Claremont on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to my web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor now might become even less effective in the future. I believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be ranking for a long time.
Claremont SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.