Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Clarksburg and ask them to post an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clarksburg and you are wanting to rank for a local Clarksburg service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to create a link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only have a local presence in Clarksburg, West Virginia on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting web page, comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your web site and maintaining a nice back link profile is essential for ranking. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view referral links, discover linking opportunities, discover negative backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Clarksburg and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for monitoring your websites SEO. For individuals running an SEO agency, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Some of the services offered through this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the features available on Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating referral links pointing to your web site. This is great for locating good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to follow the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For people looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen indicate a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank your site for. You can choose specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Clarksburg, West Virginia. These key terms that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in West Virginia.
Clarksburg Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.