Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these people in Clayton and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clayton and you are wanting to rank for a local Clayton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Clayton, Missouri on those platforms but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for sites on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant article, comment and engage with the community, then leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your page. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are many other tools that help you monitor internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your site and keeping a clean referral link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the software interfaces and some info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to view referral links, discover link building opportunities, locate suspicious links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Clayton and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. Use this site to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to maintain and track changes with a businesses online profile. Many of the service software offered in this interface are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. The tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying back links directing to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the movement of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or identify a dip in rankings. For people looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank your property for. You can choose specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Clayton, Missouri. These key words that you identify and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Missouri.
Clayton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.