Off Page Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections in Clearlake and ask them to post an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clearlake and you are wanting to rank for a local Clearlake service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Clearlake, California on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Guarding the health of your web property and maintaining a nice link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some basic info on how they could help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research referral links, discover link building opportunities, find malicious links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Clearlake and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your websites SEO. For those of you running an SEO organization, this tool allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Some of the services offered in this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your website. The tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for locating inbound links directing to your website. This is helpful for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to track the rankings of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying key terms that you want to rank your property for. You can configure geo-specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Clearlake, California. These key words that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in California.
Clearlake Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.