Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these people in Cleveland and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cleveland and you are wanting to rank for a local Cleveland service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Cleveland, Ohio on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that profile.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
There are other options to the tools that Google offers, there are other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your site and keeping a clean backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some info on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to research backlinks, locate link building opportunities, find suspicious referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Cleveland and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free to use optimization tools for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for monitoring your sites SEO. For people running an SEO business, this software also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very useful piece of software that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. Most of the features available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering backlinks referring to your site. This is great for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for identifying key phrases that you want to rank for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Cleveland, Ohio. These keywords that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Cleveland Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.